Food and COVID-19
We know there is a lot of concern and misinformation about the transmission of COVID-19 – here is some helpful information about ordering takeout:
- CDC, FDA, and USDA are not aware of any reports at this time that suggest COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging.
- There is no current indication that takeout meals will increase illness. In an effort to be overly cautious, Wing Shack has moved all orders to contact free curbside pick up. You can learn more about our new curbside pick up here.
- Similar to takeout, food delivery helps maintain social distancing and reduces the number of touch points between preperation and serving of food. All Wing Shack locations offer delivery via a 3rd party delivery service. The delivery services we use have also instituted a no touch/no interaction option, which further reduces risk. Get Wing Shack delivery here.
- The risk of transfer of viruses from touching food or packaging exposed to conoavirus is very low, based on current research. At Wing Shack, all employees are required to follow proper hand washing guidelines before and after touching any food or food packaging.
- There is no evidence the virus causing COVID-19 can start infecting through the gastrointestinal tract.