The 2018 Wing Shack Wing Bowl
Attention Wing Nation! Do you consider yourself a HOT WING POWER EATER? Have you ever wanted to test your competitive eating prowess? Well now is the time… The Wing Shack is proud to present The 2018 Wing Bowl (formerly known as The Bear Hot Finals) on Friday, June 29th. Now entering its 10th year, we have partnered with 92.9 The Bear and the Greeley Stampede to host the Region’s BIGGEST Wing Eating Contest. In addition to the stunning Wing Bowl trophy, we are throwing down a $500 CA$H prize for first place. Plus, we have concert tickets, free food, and other sweet prizes for 2nd and 3rd place. And we have a special treat for anyone that is brave enough to participate. So for all those who have bragged about their eating ability or those that scoff at incinerating hot sauce, make sure to register below!
The 2018 Wing Bowl will be going down on Friday, June 29th at 5:30 pm on the Extraction Stage (aka The Free Stage in the food court) at the Greeley Stampede. If you want to compete for Wing Shack immortality (and, of course, CA$H money) you must register here. You can also register at the Wing Shack Food Truck on the day of the event, but the contest will be capped at 15 people and is first come, first serve. Once we hit 15 registrants, we will add anyone interested in participating to a waiting list (in case anyone wusses out at the last minutes) If you have any questions about the event or are looking for additional information, don’t hesitate to hit us up @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a quick reminder of the OFFICIAL rules for the 2018 Wing Shack Wing Bowl. Our contest is a combination of speed AND spice. Not only do you have to be the fastest wing eater, you must be able to handle some KICKED UP wings. The official rules are as follows:
- 5 Minutes are placed on the clock
- Each contestant is given a 3 pound basket of wings, tossed in a special Bear Hot sauce.
- Contestants must eat 90% of the meat off the bones (based off the official Wing Shack judge’s discretion)
- As soon as the clock hits 00:00 all contestants must put their hands in the air.
- The official Wing Shack judges will then weigh out the remaining wings in each basket.
- The contestant to eat the most wings in the allotted 5 minutes wins the $500 cash and will forever be immortalized in the history books of the Wing Shack.
So put on your cowboy boots, get your taste buds ready and come down to the Greeley Stampede on Friday June 29th for the region’s only Wing Eating Competition! In the meantime, we encourage you to order yourself some Bear Hot wings in solidarity with our competitors. And of course, if you have any questions about this year’s competition, don’t hesitate to hit us up!